The following random notes from the thirties and forties will reveal something of the growth and activity of the church: 1934: Jan. 28 Congregational .song leaders elected – Jacob Hamm,Diet. Braun, Abram J-:- Dick, John Janzen (District) Aug.26 Elder Joh. P. Klassen, Winnipeg, speaking both morning and evening. 1935: Feb. 3 Mileage on church business […]
"Stories Now" Archive
The posts below include stories told by people living in Essex and Kent Counties at the present.
— Contributed by John Wiens “Thrift on Mill” — that is the official name of our new Mennonite Central Committee (MCC) thrift store located at 58 Mill St. West in Leamington, Ontario that opened its doors for business on January 29, 2016. Unofficially, some have dubbed it “Thrill on Mill,” others as the “T. O. […]
With the Elder ordination of Rev. N. N. Driedger on May 21, 1933, and the concurrent ordination of Cornelius Tiessen to the church ministry and Henry B. Wiens to the deaconship, the affairs of the church became more solidified and stablized. Contributing to the stabilization was the completion of the church building, which was dedicated […]